Saturday, February 28, 2009

Answered Prayers

It has been a challenging week starting on Tuesday with the beginning of surgery. I was assigned to be in OR 1 for general surgery which I have been setting up for days before. I felt we had nothing prepared for the week and its new OR for most of us. Not only do we need to find our role in the OR, but where all the supplies are kept! I was thankful for the time I was able to go receive our patient in the holding area and pray for them- as well as the OR team taking care of them. I had to rely on God for every working minute. All my coworkers have different backgrounds, training, and knowledge & skill- so it has to be Christ to keep us unified. We have to be here with the right motives- to serve God and our patients. We have had some difficult cases and prayer is what got me through. I praise God for giving me the skill I needed to assist the surgeons, for giving us an IV site on a baby, for allowing us to repair hernias and remove tumors, and for patients breathing again. One of my friends told me I will never pray more than I do here.  I am thankful for having a wonderful support from friends & family that pray for me when I am here in Africa. 
Romans 12:12
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.