Monday, February 9, 2009

Benin within reach

In the past hour we have let down our anchor off the coast of Benin. Benin is within reach- I can see the port where we were planning to dock at 2pm with celebrations for our arrival. This morning we learned we lost power to one of our engines we need to get into the port. Please pray for wisdom the electrical and engineering team on the ship. Lift up the captain and his team as they discern what is best for the crew.  There was much excitement about the ship's arrival, but now it is more somber as we wait and trust God. During our prayer time, 2 Corinthians 12 came to me. What an encouragement it is to know during weakness that God's power is perfect. 

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  (vs 9-10, ESV)

1 comment:

outsidein said...

Hey Allison.... guess who? Lucy....you've got some splainin to do. Give up? It's the Hoppers.. well it's just Woody for the moment. I rambled on to this page while looking for mission agencies at work in Benin, and whose picture pops up as Nurse Missionary but our very own OR Nurse from Tyler, Texas!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.