Friday, March 6, 2009

Life onboard...

Life onboard the Africa Mercy has started become routine for me as I finished out the second week of surgery. Funny how it sounds-we still have to be flexible with the routine changing around us because we are in Africa. It reminds me of a post a couple weeks ago about praying for flexibility, patience, and strength for my time in Africa- look for it if you're wondering what to pray about. Thank you!- I cherish your prayers!
I'm getting used to "my" OR since I will be in General surgery for about a month helping short-terms volunteers rotate through each speciality. What a joy it is to see the people I took health histories at screening- coming to the hospital ship for care! General surgery covers anything that "bulges" as one of our surgeon commented on our care of hernias, goiters (thyroids), and lipomas. These are just not simple surgeries here in Africa like in the states. I pray- I know we are changing our patients lives in ways we can never imagine. These masses we remove off their bodies is also removing a heavy burden or curse from their village due to their health ailment. I pray for each patient that the nurses and doctors can take care of them, but that the Lord may be their ultimate Healer in life. 

No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.