Monday, February 15, 2010

Screening day


First screening day is tomorrow. One of my favorite days of the outreach. This is the day I look forward to being a nurse and missionary. I have been out of the nurse role since December and can't wait to be back. I could be the one to tell someone we can help them. Give them hope for a future. Share that they are loved no matter what they look like. I can also hold their hand and pray with them when we cannot do anything. Screening day is also the hardest day of the outreach. Please pray for the crew as we go out in the scorching heat of the day and also pray for the right patients to come that we may help.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I will be praying for you and the team! I miss you!

Patti G said...

Praying for the depth of Christ's love to be in you and through you. I can't imagine the emotion of such a day.

Jennifer said...

Good luck Allison! You are in my thoughts and prayers! :)

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.