Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pray

Togo is within reach. Actually, just 12 hours from now we hope to be there. I have mixed emotions. I'm torn between wanting the sail to go on, but at the same time to be docked in port in Lome. Life is easy on the sail. I think fear is holding me back. The fear of the unknown of Togo's politics, day volunteers, coworkers, screening for patients, relationships, my new leadership role, outreach programs, and so many unknowns out there. The true test of faith comes when the hospital opens and surgery starts. I am excited to be back in my role as an OR nurse and have a purpose on the mission field. I am one of the seasoned nurses, but I cannot go into it saying, "It will be just like last year." I need prayer from all of you out there in blog world. A wise friend told me I needed three things to serve in Africa and I turned them into prayers for my time in Benin and will do the same this year in Togo.

Pray for patience. Life we know does not going always according to plan.
Pray for flexibility. Life we know does not always go "our way".
Pray for strength. Life we know is not always easy.

2 comments:

sara said...

know that I will be praying for you!!! Thanks for letting us "go" with you!

Crystal said...

Praying with you and for you!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.