Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm back!


I'm back to the Africa Mercy... home away from home as some of us call it. Familiar faces greeted me on the gangway as I walked on to the ship and hugs from friends awaited me. I signed in at reception as curious people wondered who had arrived, some did not recognized me at first, but most heard my laugh and knew I had returned. As I unpacked my overweight luggage (PTL it made it through without extra cost), many visitors stopped by to welcome me home. The next few days were spent finding my way around again on the ship and almost every corner there was another hug waiting for me! I had been looking forward to getting back to work to prepare for Togo so a few meetings to attend. Enjoyed some walks into town for meals (including a Happy Meal) and gelato with friends. Now, its time to sail to Togo! Thank you for your continuing prayers for travel mercies as I'm back on the ship and heading back to Africa!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Gelato! Jealous! I love me some gelato.

sara said...

yea! so glad you made it safely! Looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you this year!!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.