Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

It seemed appropriate to title this one 2010 since the last post was 2009. Hard to believe 2010 is here. I only have 24 days left of the new year to spend visiting friends and family before returning to Africa Mercy to set sail for Togo. I have had a wonderful time catching up with loved ones I had not seen in year and swapping stories. I was prepared to find time here difficult because life went on without me, special occasions I missed or inside jokes I am not a part of because of my absence. I realize I am totally OK with it, because I was somewhere else that God wanted me. I am a different person for the year I spent in Africa. It would be hard to share all my experiences, patients stories, what I heard and saw the days I spent in Benin. I just know the good and even the bad days, God was growing me to grow closer to Him. I feel like when we are not in our usual circumstances we have to depend on God to see us through. My faith deepens and my focus shifts to the Lord. I have found this true the past ten years doing missions. Not only am I the most happiest serving, but these times my heart, my all, is focused on the Lord alone.

Just some of my midnight ramblings and now to close, I think Oswald Chambers says it the best... This is not a new year's resolution (because those never keep), but a prayer for 2010.

"My determined purpose is to be my utmost for His highest- my best for His glory."

Amen.

2 comments:

sara said...

I wish I was just a little bit closer so I could see you before you leave!!! but if you happen to want to take a 4 hour trip to Little Rock.....I would LOVE it and would feed you well while you are here!!!!

alexanders said...

beautifully said, Allison!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.