Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Puzzle

Two weeks into my holiday at home in Texas- time is flying by! Especially when you go from one person to the other so you can see everyone... and even fly from city to city, like I did tonight. However, I left Lubbock tonight, feeling rested and encouraged... little sore from the bike riding and learning how to drive a standard. Last week, I drove out past the windmills to West Texas with my sister for a couple days. I am known as "Africa Allie" as my sister introduces me in person to her friends. I was welcomed into homes, fed delicious meals, given hugs, encouragement, and prayers by people I barely knew. They listened to me babble on about my precious VVF ladies, my heart for serving in Africa as a nurse, and how much I missed mexican food. On Sunday, at church (Shout out to Live Oak of Lubbock!), the pastor shared the passage of Philippians 1:3-6 and challenged us to be part of the puzzle, part of the body of believers, known as the Church. Each of you are as much as part of what God is doing in Africa through Mercy Ships, because of your partnership in prayer, financial support, and through your constant encouragement. My hope is to see everyone while I am home, to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. However, if I don't get to or I might not even know you- I want to thank you all for being a part of the puzzle and your partnership in the gospel.

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:3-6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait? there isn't mexican food on the ship? what? maybe I can change that! I can make tortillas by hand!!!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.