Monday, January 11, 2010

Home

Ten days on the road and I am finally home... for a couple days before I travel again. Its hard to say where home is when it is constantly changing. Is it Dallas/Ft.Worth or Tyler? My parent's house? Is it Benin or Togo? The Africa Mercy? Nonetheless, I unpacked for the first time after my 10-day Texas tour of Lubbock and Houston visiting friends and family. I had such a refreshing time catching up on life and sharing about my year in Africa. What an encouragement it was to hear strangers say they prayed for me. I loved laughing with friends until our bellies ached, it was like I never left. Enjoyed making memories with family celebrating the holidays and birthdays. I am inspired even more to share my life to the blog world after many of you told me about frequent visits here.
My ten days were full of satisfying my tex-mex tastebuds and reorienting myself to the retail and entertainment world. It is nice to take a break and do my favorite things at home. However, the majority of my time was listening to myself talk about my home in Africa. I am grateful to everyone who listened for endless hours about my year away. It is what I love to speak about... the miracles I saw in the operating room, the people I met from all over the world, what made me laugh or cry, and my desires and passions that are taking me back for another year to my home away from home.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Congrats on getting unpacked and being "home" for a few days. I hope you are able to relax for a bit before heading back to Africa. I am so glad that during your tour around Texas I got to visit with you! I look forward to keeping up with you through this blog over the next year as well. Enjoy the rest of your time in Texas! :)

sara said...

I so wish I could sit down with you and hear your stories! maybe next year when you come back. but until then, you know you have my prayers!!!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.