Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Go Back

It has been a week since I left the Africa Mercy and returned state-side for the holidays. After traveling for 36 hours, I went out for mexican food the first night I was home. The following days have been a whirlwind of emotions and events- celebrating my dad's birthday, Christmas, and now reconnecting with people. The real adventure came when I got in my car for the first time in 11 months to drive to Wal-Mart. Too many choices on every aisle... I even found myself hugging a box of my favorite special K cereal. :) I am finding deciding on what movie to watch with my sister, what drink at Sonic, who I shall see today, what's for dinner, or what city will I drive to next weekend?... are difficult questions for me. Too many options.
The most common question people have asked me: What are you doing next year?
That is easy for me to answer: Go back. Go back to the Africa Mercy and the people that make up the amazing community onboard. Go back to the people of Africa that are in need of healing. Go back to share hope. Go back to serve. Go back to love. No other options, but this.

2 comments:

Rob and Denise Miller said...

Hi, Allison! Sounds like you are in the midst of re-entry! Choices are usually the hardest part for us too! We miss you here on the Africa Mercy, but so glad that the one BIG choice is very clear to you! We'll see you when you get back and until then...enjoy your family and friends!!! May God bless you abundantly as you spend time with family and friends!

Happy New Year!!
God's blessings,
Denise and Rob

lindsay said...

I'm so glad you will be back next year... looking forward to getting to know you more!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.