Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One Love

If I had to choose one photo to sum up my time so far in West Africa- this would be it. One love. The red words caught my eye every time I walked by the warehouse on the dock in Togo. Not only is love the greatest commandment, whatever we do should be out of love or its counted nothing. I tried to show the love of Christ to each patient I came in contact with on the M/V Africa Mercy. Love by cuddling a baby with a cleft lip, by holding a hand of an outcast, or praying with them before surgery. This is why I am here and will continue on… that means to Sierra Leone in 2011. It is because of your continuing love and support I am able to do this. I thank you“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18

Happy New Year Everyone! This was my annual newsletter and if you did not receive one in the mail and wish to be on my mailing list please contact me. With One Love, Allison

No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.