Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sarstun

Sarstun, Guatemala. It is so remote, you can't find it on a map. I have heard- "its where the devil threw his shoe." I'm not good at cliches, but I think its easy to say this place is in the middle of nowhere. Which makes me even more excited about going! Three hours on a plane, six hours on a bus, two hours on a boat, and one hour climbing a mountain- the medical team and I will arrive in Sarstun on Monday morning. I will be helping with surgeries Tuesday thru Thursday. I am look forward to venturing into the jungles of Guatemala and experiencing village life. Sleeping on air mattresses covered in mosquito nets. Savoring pineapple and filling up on homemade tortillas. More than anything, loving the Mayan people that are suffering from lack of healthcare and clean water. I thank you advance for your prayers for the team and myself for the next week while we are in Sarstun. As my friend observed- my heart beats faster in Guatemala more than anywhere else. Muchas Gracias! Dios Bendiga!

The team will stay one night in Puerto Barrios (East coast) and take the boat to Sarstun.

1 comment:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.