Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Retrospective

I looked up to my calendar and noticed it was still on the month of June! I can't believe the first week of July flew by (and June also), but time flies when you're having fun. I thought in honor of not doing my blog for most of June, I would write a retrospective list of my exciting life in Benin. I encourage you to endure to the end reading the list of 30 things, because most are very unique to the life I have on the Africa Mercy... and some exciting news at the end! Don't peek. 

1. Had a bunk bed to myself for 2 weeks after Ashley left. 
2. Made pancakes for the 400 crew members.
3. Sang, played, and shared Jesus with orphans.
4. Pool birthday party on deck 8 for Zaden, who's now 3. 
5. My first movie, Turn, debut at the 2nd annual film festival.
6. Stayed up late to phone home in the morning.
7. Taught water aerobics on deck 8.
8. Had a massage (and tickled) for $10.
9. Went on my first African camping trip to Grand Popo.
10. Slept under a mosquito net and on top of a wet sleeping bag.
11. Laid on the beach- stars & smores. Perfect.
12. Danced, clapped, and cried during a VVF dress ceremony.
13. Made homemade tortillas for fajita night.
14. Attempted to learn French with Rosetta Stone.
15. Made and introduced rueben sandwiches to Sarah & Pamela.
16. Made homemade Hawaiian pizza with Lebanese flat bread. 
17. Help Rachel make french toast & other amazing food for brunch.
18. Did VVF screening, heartbroken we could only help a few.
19. Prayed for healing in each patient that crossed my path in surgery.
20. Witnessed God's healing in people of Benin. 
21. Played catch phrase with friends and laughed until I cried. 
22. Moved to the "spacious" area in the back of cabin 3437 w/Sarah.
23. Went for walks in town just for fan milk.
24. Met the president of AORN & interviewed for an OR magazine. 
25.  Learned how to say "Thank You" in 5 languages.
26. Watched 24 with friends weekly.
27.  Doing Esther Bible study by Beth Moore.
28. Had dinner at a German Biergarten on the beach.
29. Said goodbye to dear friends leaving the ship. Made new friends.
30. Signed on to serve with Mercy Ships in Togo in 2010! :)

1 comment:

alexanders said...

creative post!! yay for #30!!! :) love ya!!!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.