Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog

My brain is tired and I'm not feeling that creative to think of title for my blog: so its blog. Every few seconds I'm yawning, so it will be a short one too.
This week has been a difficult week with a new role in the hospital. I transferred to Admissions since there was a shortage of nurses. I know I'm meant to be an OR nurse. I miss my role in the healing process as a nurse assisting the surgeon. On the ship, we have turnover almost everyday with nurses coming in every two weeks, but I do miss my OR family. How we work together as a team to take care of the patient and we support each other when one needs help. We have fun together telling bloody stories over meals and sing while we mop the floors in between cases. It just takes five days out of the operating room to be thankful for the long days on my feet in the OR that God has called me to serve on the Africa Mercy.
For the time being, I will be in Admissions and please don't get me wrong- I have had some great moments with the patients. It is amazing to be one of the first people they meet on the ship and having the opportunity to pray for their healing.  I have refreshed many nursing skills this week, but I forgot how patients move when a needle goes into the arm! Please pray that I will continue to persevere during this challenging time and trust God has me in the right place. 

1 comment:

alexanders said...

praying for you friend!! maybe God has you in admissions to confirm your heart and role for the OR. He also never ever makes a mistake!! hang in there, allison! love you!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.