Friday, January 30, 2009

Desire of my heart...

It is our final day here in Tenerife and we sail tomorrow! Hopefully everything goes well with the drills and all the final details before we sail. Our captain predicts 9-10 days... praying for calm and safe seas. I will probably be in a dramimine induced coma those days.
Today I finally got to join in the ship's activities helping my friend Sarah in housekeeping. There are a lot of stairs to sweep! Next week I will in more orientation meetings and in the OR getting ready for the outreach. We had a tour of the OR last week and I can't wait to be back to work! Also, the commute is not bad- just a few feet from my cabin. :) See the link to my pictures to the left (port) side of the screen.
I am so excited to be here and thank God for giving me this opportunity.  It has been my heart's desire to serve God in missions and nursing for a long time. Thank you for being a part of this mission with me. A dear friend encouraged me with a verse I remember often... 

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4


No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.