Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Encouraged, Emotional, Exhausted

I know it has been a long time since I've posted on here. I promise there will be more to write about once I am in Benin for the year with Mercy Ships. I can't wait for it- 5 days and counting! I don't think it will actually "sink" in until I arrive at the ship. I'll make it the Canary Islands next Tuesday night with my friends waiting on the gangway for me. I thank God I already have a loving family on the ship to ease the homesickness. So let me explain my title of this blog...

I have never felt more encouraged by everyone's well wishes and prayers for the year ahead in Africa. The past month I have been spent time with family in Chicago and Indiana. I had a great time with my sister in Lubbock. Fun times in Houston with best friends and to top it all off, a long weekend in Tyler. Time in Tyler was full of meals with friends, commissioning services, bon voyage party, zoo trip with the boys, quilting my bedspread for the ship, visit to Mercy Ships HQ, but most of all it brought me back to my focus on God. Now that I'm home, I still have a "to-do" list- mostly packing now. I pray that I keep my heart and mind on the One who brought me this far and will continue to use me for His Renown.

So I thank you all for your emails, calls, and prayers for my mission ahead- I am encouraged daily and I thank God for your partnership. I am emotional because I have had to say goodbye to many for the year, but I look forward to reuniting. Finally, exhausted because I have been running 24/7 and now I have a cold to get rid of before I leave. After packing, I believe REST and quiet time with God is on my list of things to do.

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.