Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Happy New Years! Its hard to imagine it is finally 2009! I have been looking forward to this year with much anticipation- can you guess why? I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this year as I leave what is a familiar life for the unknown future. I know I am going to serve on Mercy Ships in twenty-something days, but still it will all be new to me, but I am bursting with joy and gratefulness for the opportunity to do mission work "to the ends of the earth".

I was reading in my quiet times today... finally had some after the craziness of traveling over the holidays and seeing family. Which was great, but glad to be home and rest some. Anyways, while reading the Bible- I found a great New Year's Resolution. I usually don't make one, but I hope to strive for this everyday of 2009.

Philippians 4:8-9 (ESV) bold mine
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Allison! Are you in Africa yet? You need a new post!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.