Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life

I apologize for my absence from the blog world, but I had to give my eyes some time to heal and then life got suddenly busy with the holidays approaching. I came home from the mission conference in Kentucky and a few days later traveled to Tulsa, Oklahoma for LASIK eye surgery. What a blessing Dr. Brister and his staff are to provide services to missionaries so we can see even more clearly as we serve overseas. I remember picking out my first pair of pink-rim glasses in Kindergarten. It will take time to get used to not having glasses anymore after 22 years! I look forward to traveling to Guatemala in just a few weeks and seeing for the first time the village of Sarstun. I will not having to tape my glasses on my head so they don't slide down or fog up as I assist in surgeries for the week. Thank you Dr. Brister and your staff- for not only blessing me, but people all over the world as we serve God together. I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving- my new sight, old & new friends reunions, unlimited mexican food, my crazy loving family, and most of all the unfailing love of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.