Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Change

I once was told by a wise (youth) leader... Change is good because God is good. He continues to make the change in us from the time we first believe until we have our new heavenly bodies. I feel like I have written about change before on my blog. I don't like change, but nonetheless change is always upon us. Surprisingly, I found myself praying for change. I could see I needed a change inside that comes with a change on the outside.
So for the next month, I am taking a break from the operating room and working with screening. From day one in Benin, my heart has been serving in-land and being one-on-one with the people of West Africa. This is an opportunity for me to hold their hand, be a compassionate listener, and hopefully provide some hope for healing. I love screening, but hate it at the same time. It is difficult to see the suffering that is here and know we cannot help everyone. Today, was my second day and already find it so hard to turn people away. We always provide prayer for those that cannot come to the ship for surgery. I do pray that God will be their ultimate Healer and radically change their lives no matter the outcome. I pray the same for me as I discover change is good because God is good.

2 comments:

sara said...

oh allison, you are so wise for your years! praying for you!

Crystal said...

I'm excited for you! Praying for you always.

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.