Friday, October 16, 2009

Still

"Still" by Hillsong

Hide me now under your wings
cover me within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are king over the flood

I will be still and know you are God
Find rest my soul in Christ alone
know His power in quietness and trust

Life has been a little crazy here on the Africa Mercy. Its easy for you to fill up your days with things and forget the reason you're here serving in Africa. For me personally, I've had up and down emotions on life issues. Feeling disconnected and left out at times with friends and coworkers. Thinking I'm not making a difference here even after long days in the OR. Searching for God knows what in my life is hard to do when everyone else looks like they have it already figured out. So last night, we sang this song at community meeting. A new song for me, so as I was paying attention to the words I felt like they were written for me for this time of my life. I was praying to find refuge in God when life seems to much for me to handle. For me to find a still place and rest knowing He is Christ alone. So this morning, I had time off before work, and found a perfect place on deck 8 (minus the deck dept. drilling), I had a quiet time with the Lord to start my day off right. Let me tell you, my heart was uplifted and I found my spirit renewed today. I was a different person today because I started my day out in different way; being still before the Lord.

1 comment:

sara said...

I am so glad you had that special time with God today! I am praying for you!

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.