Friday, April 3, 2009

Laughter

I love laughing, but man, it hurts when you laugh so hard! On the ship, I have people across the room or even on another deck- hear me laugh and know its me! Most of you know, its one of my favorite things to do! I thank God for laughter and the joy in so many things in life. Here are things that have made my belly ache, my cheeks blush, my head hurt, and doubled over and out of breath with tears coming down! 

1. Hearing "cherrio" and it not pertaining to breakfast.

2. Being called "teacher" by a Benin nurse as their preceptor in the scrub role... since he probably doesn't remember my name!

3. Playing Catch Phrase and learning that Velvetta is a quality, processed, cheddar cheese. Also, did you know that animals make different noises in other countries? 

4. Introducing & watching "I Love Lucy" marathon with a dozen of friends. 

5. Karaoke sessions with Ashley in the dinning room- including Ace of Base, NSYNC, and Celine Dion. We also throw in hymns between the pagan music. 

6. Passing out chocolate in the OR during a fire drill- what else to pass the time?

7. Listening to a conversation for awhile at breakfast, realizing its not English, but Dutch.

8. Having a 20 lbs, 6 year old patient in diapers and a 32 year old that was alive in 1947.

9. Being asked to teach water aerobics- yes, we have 4 feet pool on the ship! 

10. Using words without thinking like- "brilliant", "lovely", "trolley", and "rubbish".

May your endorphins increase and your laughter be heard for all to hear! 

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I truly agree with you! Laughter is one of the most important key elements to a healthy and positive life. I love to laugh because it makes me very happy.

Stay positive and safe!

Gloria Anderton

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.