Monday, April 13, 2009

Psalm 42

This past Easter weekend, I spent four days with friends in North Benin on a safari. While we are there enjoying fellowship and God's wonderful creation, Psalm 42 was on my heart.  Here is just two pictures of many to go along with my prayer tonight...

Psalm 42
"As the deer pants for streams of water, 
so my soul pants for you, O God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food 
day and night, 
while men say to me all day long, 
"Where is your God?"

These things I remember 
as I pour out my soul: 
how I used to go with the multitude, 
leading the procession to the house of God, 
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving 
among the festive throng.

Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him, 
my Savior and my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of Jordan,
the heights of Hermon- from Mount-Mizar

Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.
By the day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me-
a prayer to God of my life.

I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"

My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taught me,
saying to me all day long.
"Where is your God?"

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed with me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Allison! I love keeping up with your blog and am still praying for you!

Jennifer said...

Hey girly! I have been reading your blogs for a while now, but I just recently got my own blogger. Sounds like you had a very memorable Easter. Hope things are going well for you! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and be safe.

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.