Thursday, June 17, 2010

TIA Thursdays

Last night (on Wordless Wednesday) I found myself in front of my computer barely awake. I waited patiently trying to upload pictures for my wordless blog, however the internet connection kept dropping like my eyelids so I gave up. It was a long day starting at 5am making pancakes for the crew and until about 6pm in the operating room and then out for dinner with friends. My head found the pillow quickly.
So I find myself again in front of the computer in hopes of downloading some pictures for my readers to enjoy. "TIA" is a common phrase we like to use here- "This is Africa" and its more like excuse in some situations. These TIA pictures are brought to you from our hospitality center where our patients stay in between visits to the ship. I was visiting patients when one of the mamas had the brilliant idea for me to carry her baby... TIA.


5 comments:

sara said...

I LOVE it!!! I have always wondered how they did that and if it was comfortable....was it?

Crystal said...

hey girl, call me tomorrow! I should be able to talk!

Sher Sutherland said...

So precious! That last picture is a riot--baby looking doubtful, Allison looking gleeful. I miss you girl. I'm working on getting back to the ship for Sierra Leone!

Unknown said...

I now have skype, so I'd love to visit w/ you sometime.
Let me know when!
love & prayers & hugs! Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh Alibabba, or should we call yo Afi babba? any who I enjoy seeing TIA pics and see your dream to follow the Father lived out. It is so encouraging to know you and that you seek him first and give hope to those who thought there was none. Blessings my sweet friend. I miss you but remember you always as you do all that you do.

:)

The views expressed here are solely mine and are not the opinion of AWC/Mercy Ships.